Box Office Policies
The Box Office is open at 10:00 AM on the date of the performance. If you are purchasing tickets on the day of an event, please note that online sales end two hours prior to the performance. All purchases must be processed through the McAllen Convention Center Box Office in person after that time.
Tickets can be purchased at the outlets up to the time the doors open.
The Box Office policy is that all sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges on tickets purchased.
The McAllen Convention Center does not close for inclement weather, and does not give refunds or exchanges to those unable to attend an event because of weather. The McAllen Convention Center does everything in its power to remain open for all performances.
When the performance occurs the “No Refunds or Exchanges” policy stated at the time of sale, printed on the ticket, and printed throughout this website remains in full effect. Please plan to leave home early and travel carefully.
For up to date information contact the McAllen Convention Center Box Office at (956) 681-3800
In the event of a cancellation, announcements will be made through the McAllen Convention Center web site. Please check the web site for up-to-date announcements.
- All programs, dates, and times are subject to change without notice.
- No audio or video recording devices permitted for professional performances.
- No outside food or drinks can be brought into the McAllen Convention Center and Auditorium.
- All purses, backpacks, bags and packages must be inspected by security when entering the McAllen Convention Center and Auditorium.
- Will Call
- All tickets purchased through internet and call center sales greater than 7 days before the event will be mailed to customer unless will call is requested. All tickets purchased 7 days or less will be placed in will call.Tickets held at the will call table are to be picked up at the performance venue, one hour prior to the start of the show. Purchased tickets will be held at will call for 30 minutes only after the performance starts.
- Children’s Tickets
- Discounted ticket prices for children are sometimes available for events. Age restrictions and the amount of discount vary by the event and are at the discretion of the touring act or promoter. For most events, children under age two are admitted free provided they are seated on the lap of a ticketed adult patron, if for any other reason the toddler needs a seat; this seat will have to be charged to the patron.
- Lost/Stolen/Unreceived Tickets
- If tickets are lost, stolen, or not received in the mail within ten days of purchase, guests should immediately contact the McAllen Convention Center Box Office Manager for information on replacing the tickets. Please make sure to have your account information with you when you call. For stolen tickets, a copy of the police report must be presented to pick up replacement tickets.
- Cameras & Recording Devices
- We regret that cameras, video/audio recording devices, food and beverages are not allowed inside the performance venues. This policy is strictly reinforced by the performance management
- Latecomer Policy
- As a courtesy to other patrons and to the performers, latecomers and those who exit the theater during the performance will not be admitted into the auditorium until an appropriate interval as determined by the performance management. Latecomers will be seated in available seating that will not disturb other theatre patrons.
- Occasionally, promoters and artists will put their shows on presale for a specific group of people, such as fan clubs or other box office outlets. The presale will be advertised to McAllen Convention Center members as soon as we are notified of the presale date and ticket prices.
- Reselling Tickets
- Ticket selling is not permitted on or around the property of McAllen Convention Center and McAllen Civic Center and Auditorium. We are not responsible for tickets purchased through other methods.
- Wheelchair / Disabled Seating
- For those patrons using wheelchairs or needing assistance, the theatre has barrier-free access to the orchestra seating area. Please inform the Box Office when purchasing tickets that you would like to reserve a space with accessible seating.
- Assistive Listening System (ALS)
- ALS devices are available upon request. For those patrons wishing to use an ALS device, please inform the Box Office when purchasing tickets. Please note that, though the devices are available, a two to three week advance notice is necessary in order to have the devices available at the performance for which you have purchased tickets.