Rates & Fees
Download Complete Rate Policy [PDF] – Last Updated April 15, 2008
All rates, unless otherwise specified, are on a per day basis. All convention facilities contracts will have a minimal rental charge of $150.00 per day.
A “rental day” is defined by the McAllen Convention Facilities Department as beginning at 6:00 am and ending 2:00 a.m. Additional charges of $300.00 per hour or any portion of an hour on events going past 2:00 a.m., with prior approval by the Director of Convention Facilities Department or his representative.
A “half-day rental” is defined by the McAllen Convention Facilities Department as a four hour event including move-in/move-out. A half-day rental will be calculated at 50% less the Class I Rack Rate. Event times may be scheduled as follows:
- Breakfast meeting from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch meeting from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Dinner meeting from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Move-in / Move-out
Move-in or move-out is defined by the McAllen Convention Facilities Department as non-event hours for set-up or tear-down. When this occurs beyond the rental period from 2:00 a.m.– 6:00 a.m. it will be charged at $100.00 per hour or any portion of an hour, with prior approval by the Director of McAllen Convention Facilities Department.
A rental day will be calculated at 50% less the Class I Rack Rate and may not exceed the total number of show days.
- Visa, Master Card and Discover
- Certified, Cashier’s, Business Check(s)
- Money Order
Checks are subject to verification of funds.
The McAllen Convention Center does NOT accept personal checks. No exceptions.
Room space is calculated based on square footage per day. Select a room below for more specific pricing details.
|Palm Lobby||$0.00 – $0.14|
- Class I (Rack Rate)
- All events for which admission is charged or other compensation realized.
- Class II (20% discount)
- Events for which no admission is charged or other compensation realized; or for school, church, or other recognized non-profit organizations receiving all receipts from the sale of tickets or donations.
- Class III (25% discount)
- Non-commercial meetings and conventions, or non-profit organizations serving the McAllen community with offices located in McAllen, Texas.
- Expiraton Rates
- Extended discount based on the expiration date of the available room. This discount applies to class II and class III events for which no admission is charged or other compensation realized realizing a minimum rental of $150 per day, which ever amount is greater). The expiration rental will be calculated at the Class I Rack Rate less the designated discount.
- 90 – 46 days: 30% discount
- 45-31 days: 40% discount
- 30 days or less: 50% discount
Parking is included at no charge for event attendees. However if you wish to use the Convention Center Parking Lot for an event, rental rates are calculated based on $.05 per gross square foot per day.
Parking areas may also be used in conjunction with rental of the Exhibit Hall for additional exhibition space, with prior approval by Director of McAllen Convention Facilities Department. Rental includes barricade of vehicular entrances only.
Additional equipment and services available at listed rates. (Subject to main traffic flow and disruption of scheduled activities of the main building)
|Lot||Class I||Class II||Class III||90 Day||60 Day||30 Day, Half-Day, Move-in|
|For more information on Rate Classes, view our Rates & Fees|
|Audio Mixer||Per Unit||$55.00|
|Cable Line Set-up Fee||Per Unit||$50.00|
|Curtain, 20′ x 25′ Black Velvet, Hanging||Per Unit||$125.00|
|Curtain, 60′ x 25′ Black Velvet, Hanging||Package||$400.00|
|Curtain, 80′ x 25′ Black Velvet, Hanging||Package||$800.00|
|CD Player||Per Unit||$30.00|
|Cyclorama only, no hanging||Per Unit||$400.00|
|Cyclorama, 60 feet, hanging||Package||$600.00|
|Cyclorama with 2 (20′) Black Panels||Package||$800.00|
|Dry Erase Board||Per Unit||$10.00|
|DVD Player||Per Unit||$50.00|
|Extension Cord||Per Unit||$15.00|
|Flipchart Stand||Per Unit||$10.00|
|Flipchart Stand with Pad||Per Unit||$25.00|
|Microphone-Cordless, hand or headset||Per Unit/Day||$35.00|
|Microphone-Standing, first one free||Per Unit/Day||$10.00|
|Podium, Standing, no mic||Per Unit||$0.00|
|Podium, Standing with Mic||Per Unit/Day||$35.00|
|Podium, Standing, no mic||Per Unit/Day||$0.00|
|Podium, Tabletop, with Mic||Per Unit/Day||$35.00|
|Projector, 2500 Lumen LCD||Per Unit||$150.00|
|Score Board Set-Up||Per Unit||$600.00|
|Screen, 8′ x 8′ tripod||Per Unit||$40.00|
|Screen, Fast-Fold 9′ x 12′||Per Unit||$100.00|
|Screen, 12′ x 16′||Per Unit||$350.00|
|Screen (9′ x 12′) & Projector, Hanging||Per Unit||$350.00|
|Screen (9′ x 12′) & Projector Duo with Truss||Package||$700.00|
|Special (Portable) Audio System||Per Unit||$250.00|
|Truss, 12″ x 12″ x 10′||Per Unit||$35.00|
|VCR Player||Per Unit||$40.00|
|Coat Check Attendant||Hourly||$12.00|
|Spot Light/ Stage Light Technician||Hourly||$25.00|
|Fork Lift without operator||Per Day||$75.00|
|Fork Lift with operator, 3 hr min.||Per Hour||$75.00|
|Genie Lift, no operator||Per Unit||$150.00|
|Genie Lift with operator (3 hour min)||Per Hour||$75.00|
|Electrical Fee-Band||Per Event||$300.00|
|Electrical Fee-DJ||Per Event||$200.00|
|Basketball Court-Rental||Per Unit||$4,000.00|
|Drayage Fee||Per Client||$250.00|
|Dance Floor, Additional Pieces||Per Unit||$10.00|
|Stage, Additional pieces||Per Unit||$20.00|
|Truss with Color Panels||Per Unit||$200.00|
|Service||Advance Price||Floor Price|
|Service||Advance Price||Floor Price|
|Equipment||Advance Price||Floor Price|
|150 WATTS Flood Light||$20.00||$40.00|
|300 WATTS Flood Light||$30.00||$50.00|
|25 Foot Cord||$10.00||$20.00|
|50 Foot Cord||$15.00||$30.00|
|Labor for Special Electrical Work||$50.00/hr.||$65.00/hr.|
|Certified Master Elc. / Hook-Up||In /Out||$250.00|
|Concert Lighting Hook-Up||Unit 1/p-hr.||$350.00|
|Concert Sound Hook-Up||Unit 2/p-hr.||$350.00|
Important Guidelines and Regulations
- Use care in ordering power and know the requirements of your equipment or insufficient wattage will result in blown fuses. Electrical service will be discontinued until load is reduced or proper wattage added. Additional charges will be made for changes and additions.
- All equipment , regardless of power source, must comply with all Federal, State and Local safety codes.
- All equipment must be properly tagged and wired with complete information as to type of current, voltage, phase, cycle, horsepower etc. Exhibitor is responsible to provide connection from equipment to power source. All temporary power connections must be in compliance with McAllen Fire Code.
- All material and equipment furnished by the McAllen Convention Center shall remain our property.
- All exhibitor’s cords must be 3-wired grounded type. All exposed non-current carrying metal parts of fixed equipment which are likely to be energized shall be grounded.
- Rates quoted for all connections cover only the extension of service to rear of booth in the most convenient manner.
- Wall, column and permanent building utility outlets are not a part of booth space and are not to be used by exhibitors.
- Electrical power for lights and displays will be turned on one hour prior to show opening and will be turned off one-half hour after the conclusion of show. 24 hour service is available upon request at 1 and a half times the rates listed.
For more information see our Operational Guidelines